Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Agejo Style

Recently I wrote a post about wanting to try the Agejo style, as I always love this style when I see people wearing it and finally decided to want to try it on myself ^^ I found however that when people asked me about it who are not that into gal, but do read my blog occasionally, I did not know much about it.. > < Luckily we have the internet! 

We'll start of with: 


"What is Agejo?"



When looking for the answer to this question I found the following on Universal-Doll: 'When saying you’re an Agejo or you want to be one. Either implies a) you’d like to be in Ageha magazine b) you want to dress in the style c) you want to be a hostess.' So I guess we will go for the dressing in the style option -.^
It goes on explaining that the girls wearing this style originally often were hostesses, models, shop staff, dancers and occasionally college students. The can be recognized from their brown, mori hair, large sunglasses, shiny nails, big dolly eyes, black x pink clothes, short dresses, lingerie aspects (stockings, corset lacings) and brand-name bags and jewelry.


"How do you dress Agejo?"

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0bbtzkEo1ro5bwro1_500.jpg Agejo

For this I found a very interesting list on Eternise-Moi of 30 things every Agejo gal should have. I picked a few of the most style related ones:
  1. A casual agejo outfit for lazier days.
  2. At least one MA*RS coord. MA*RS is the agejo gyaru brand after all. 
  3. Ageha magazine for inspo.
  4. Suspenders (tights) as you can see in the pic on the right.
  5. Over-knee socks or thigh-highs to make your legs look longer.
  6. Glamorous false nails.
  7. A classy black handbag (I really need this).
  8. Cute heels for summer.
  9. Sexy high-heeled boots for autumn (preferable round-toed).
  10. A faux fur scarf for a super glamourous feel.
  11. Gorgeous accessories to top of any coord.
  12. Cute and sexy patterned tights.
  13. A beautiful coat to complete and compliment the look.
  14. A soft cuddly hoodie preferable with ears <3
These points make quite a list! Fortunately I can already cross a few off -.^


"Which brands are typically Agejo?"


甘くてかわいい女の子 \

As said before MA*RS is the go to brand for this style (the picture on the left), but other brands are Golds Infinity (the picture on the right), Lip Service, Jesus Diamante and Black Queen.

I also found some shops for replicas on taobao (or I assume they are): Princess Doll, Yuerfly and Princess Rose. These shops all got good reviews and were mentioned in multiple sources to be trustworthy (you can never be sure with replicas)!


I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! I sure did! Another special thanks to Ethernise-Moi and Universal-Doll, as I used these blogs as the main resources for this post ^^ 

Much Love!

6 comments:

  1. I like the prom dressy agejo look (the one that is more common on hostesses) . That's usually how I don Agejo when I do wear it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that is really nice as well! I have never worn it myself though (not many occasions for it -.^)

      Delete
  2. Aaah thank you so much for mentioning me! >3< I really can't wait to see your progress in agejo~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem -.^ You are after all one of my biggest inspiration for gaijin gaks who do Agejo after all ^^

      Delete
    2. Awh you're so sweet! Thank you ^3^

      Delete
  3. Ageyo is sure a super lovely style *^* I am quite addicted to Ma*rs if I am totally honest xD I am looking forward to your agejo looks <3

    ReplyDelete